THE LITTLE ONES

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

WFMW: SAM'S CLUB







On another blog that I really like to read (and often laugh out loud while doing so), there is a special feature every Wednesday entitled "Works for Me Wednesday" where readers post tips and tricks -- I've found some really interesting stuff there, so just for kicks and giggles, I'm making my FIRST WFMW linky there today.

My tip to share (and by default, my Greatest Hit which is this week's theme) is about Sam's Club and their Click 'n Pull service. Since a large portion of my life is devoted to diapers and since there isn't much room left in a shopping cart with a 2yr old and a 5mo old along for the ride, I've discovered that Sam's Club will do my shopping for me! All that I need to do is go online a day ahead of my "stopping" trip and select my items, then "stop" in, pay, and take my goodies home! You can also save lists of favorite items (let's see . . . diapers, pull-ups, wipes . . . ) for quick "stop" shopping.

And did you know that with a Sam's Club business membership, the doors open for you at 7am?? With MUCH smaller crowds and easier parking!!

If you really like to shop at Sam's Club (and have the time to do so), don't fret!! You can also shop, then add your additional items to those already pulled for you. Another benefit is that with a Click 'n Pull order, you go to the cashier at Customer Service and avoid long checkout lines! If I am having a really good day, I can even go to Sam's Club at lunchtime, spend about 10-15 minutes shopping around, pick up my order, and get back to work with extra minutes to spare.

Some items that are my favorites are: Members Mark diapers and pull-ups, wipes (the travel packs are really great for our diaper bags and for daycare, but are a little harsh for everyday use on Baby J's tender little hein-ey), Cheerios, birdseed, cat litter, hydrogen peroxide (for stain-treating toddler and infant laundry), and bulk bags of pasta and chocolate chips. When I have a few minutes to shop for extra items, I like to pick up rotisserie chickens (I usually buy an extra for use later in the week) and their spinach dip. Additionally, Sam's Club's bakery has really good cakes which are much less expensive than your local bakery.

I have found that Click 'n Pull: saves time, saves $s (because I do less compulsive shopping), and saves MY energy!! Have a great Wednesday!!

EXTRA NOTE: If you have coasted here through Rocks in my Dryer and are or know a Johnny Depp groupie, here's my post from last week when he came to our town! *Ü*





3 comments:

Katz said...

I'm gonna have to try that. I always go into Sam's for diapers and end up walking out with $100 in "stuff".

Sonshine said...

I love Sam's Club. I haven't tried the click n' pull yet though! One of these days I will! I just was there today for my "monthly shopping" trip and walked out with $200. The funny/ rare thing is that everything I bought was on my list. :)

Amy said...

I wonder if they do this at Costco, too? They are building one very near us. I wouldn't need it for diapers, obviously, but it sure would be handy for other stuff.

Thanks for stopping by, and let me know how you like the gDiapers!

Amy