THE LITTLE ONES

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

LAUNDRY SCHEDULE



It seems to me that I spend almost all of my time with either laundry or with diapers. I just can't seem to get a handle on the first, and the second, well . . . that's always subject to the moment (or last night's dinner?).


When we were kids, I remember that each type of load had it's own day of the week -- towels on Monday, whites on Tuesday, sheets on Wednesday, darks on Thursday, jeans on Friday. If you wanted to wear something particular, you needed to plan ahead, and if whatever you wanted wasn't clean, you had to figure something else out. While our lives of sleepers and training pants aren't always so cookie-cutter, I'm trying to implement some order in our lives and doing a little bit of laundry every day instead of saving it all for the weekend (and then, dear Lord, what do we do when we need to spend Saturday somewhere other than at home?).


Every morning, I've been throwing in a load which can be transferred to the dryer when we get home, drying while we dine, and folded after our bath or shower. Miss M is starting to fold her and Mr J's t-shirts and towels, and with any luck, we'll be on a brighter and laundry-free-weekend path before the beginning of Summer. I hope. At least for now, this works for me.

4 comments:

Amy said...

This is how we do it, too. The kids know how to sort their clothes into a three bin sorter, and I sort Bud's and mine. Each morning I just throw the largest load in. I just mix towels and what-have-you in with the rest. Now laundry isn't such a huge job looming over me all the time.

Judy said...

As my kids get older, I notice that laundry is certainly a more daunting task. Breaking it up into a small daily thing is a great idea!

Mrs_Scotsman said...

jOne thing that I'm trying to do that is a FLYLADY.net suggestion is to every morning take the laundry to the washer and start a load. When I do that it seems to make things easier.

Suzanne said...

Love your header photo and your scrambled eggs tip.

I do what Amy does, sorting it as it arrives and tossing in the fullest hamper each day. I posted about it for WFWW once: Laundry Sorting. So at least one load gets done each day, and sometimes more.