THE LITTLE ONES

Thursday, February 26, 2009

HOW DO 3YR OLDS SAY GOODNIGHT?

Knowing that Miss M is almost 3yrs old tugs at me -- which day did she emerge from her toddler cocoon to become this beautiful and precocious little girl?!? Not that I mind, but it just seems like this transition should have been celebrated with cupcakes or something?

Last night, we borrowed books from school which we wanted to read before bedtime, but since Mr. J needed some quiet time to drift off to sleep, the room was dark. That didn't stop Miss M, who knew every word of her obviously favorite story:


After Mr. J was snoozing, the time was so wonderful and so intimate, I didn't want to interrupt us to turn on the light so I reached for a flashlight on the bedside table. We "read" the book over and over by the glow of the flashlight, enjoying the darkness and each other.

Next to Momma is where she likes to be, and that makes this Momma very happy indeed!!

My favorite part: With a kiss for Momma and a hug! Good night, Good night little dinosaur . . . *Ü*

No comments: