THE LITTLE ONES

Monday, February 23, 2009

EVERYONE HAS ALWAYS TOLD ME

that boys eat more than girls, and JUST WAIT! Well, we really didn't need to wait especially long, because that has been an apparent truth for our family since November, 2007 when the boy was born, but here's another keeper for the memory book . . .

When dinner was almost ready on Sunday night, I had just set plates and the kids' bowls on the table and I heard a soft whimpering -- I looked down, and here comes Mr. J, toddling toward the stove, with his bowl in his hands and a sad look on his face from his pouting lower lip, as if saying, "But Mommy, there's nothing in here . . . ??" I scooped him up, put his first serving of peas in his bowl, and he was so very happy to sit down first and start eating!!

Someday, when he's a teenager polishing off an entire pizza by himself and asking for more, I'll reflect on that adorable face, I'm sure!!

No comments: