I am sooooooooooooo excited -- a red blip from Istanbul?!? Could it be . . . D-O-N? That's so wonderful! Hmmmmmmmmmmm, E, better get baking those cookies to send (if I send them now, he might get them by his birthday) . . . *Ü*
This week has been a challenge, and above all else, I continue to remind myself of the shortest parenting tip that I have learned:
Our children spell "love": T - I - M - E.
I am going to put that on the refrigerator. What they want, above all else, is my time and attention, and secondly, to learn.
I try to keep that in mind and NOT fob Miss M off to the TV when Mr J needs to be fed (rather, I curl up right with her on the couch, so that it's the three of us and not two plus one), or plan to run numerous errands on a Saturday, or take a call. I love to stretch out on the floor and play with LEGO blocks, hope to make a bug jar this summer to catch fireflies, explain the intricacies of whatever they want to know, and yes, I am even looking forward to someday taking my teens to the coffee shop.
Time may be money to grownups, but time is love to my kids. Happy Bunny Hugs to All!!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment