THE LITTLE ONES

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A NEW WEEK

Well, the weekend is over and all that I can say is, "Thank goodness for that!!!"

We spent many hours Sat and Sun at the townhouse, finishing painting and cleaning up, to be able to open the door for potential buyers, which is going to start a whole new chapter of amusing stories, I'm sure. I never did get to Mr J's clothes as I had intended, but this was much more urgent to get done and I can go through onesies and sleepers some night this week. Monday was, well, hectic at best, and this morning was hectic to the tenth power.

After DH piled us into the Jeep (and was probably very happy that we were on our way) and just as we pulled into Mr J's sitter's driveway, Miss M realized that she didn't have a "lovey" -- in a BIG way!! Come to find out that a lovey (Miss M's purple minkie blanket) wasn't in the vehicle and we were destined to school without one -- but NO way!! The flood gates of crocodile tears opened, and being the diligent Mommy that I am, we went all of the way back home, got a lovey (and some cough medicine), and then were back on our way to school (both thoroughly exhausted by the entire event and the littlest one of us even falling asleep on the way).

As I was driving, I thought to myself, I thought, "Self, I earned a Venti-sized Peppermint Mocha for THIS one" . . . *Ü* . . . but the drive-thru line at Starbucks was much too long for our very limited time remaining for the school drop-off and to not be late for work. And then, as I circled out the parking lot about to cry crocodile tears of my own . . . what's that? could it be?!? Chris' car was one of the vehicles in line . . . YIPPEE!! I'm saved!! So, I pulled aside with a very needy look on my face, placed my order through the Chinese telephone line, and after dropping Miss M at school, my Peppermint Mocha was waiting for me!!

AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Yes, life does have its rewards, and on a chilly and hectic day like today, mine was a Peppermint Mocha!! Note to Self: don't EVER leave home without double-checking that one of Miss M's beloved loveys is IN SIGHT!! Hugs!!

No comments: