I am happy to report that DH was finally able to install our mailbox yesterday, with the unexpected break in temps (60 degrees . . . can you believe it?!?). Miss M enjoyed romping outside as I planted some daffodil bulbs which didn't sprout legs of their own while they were stored in the garage, and since it was so warm, some of the neighbors were also out.
Funny story about the mailbox -- about 30 minutes into DH's digging, the electricity in the house went out! I grabbed the telephone as I ran out the front door, already dialing "911" since I was sure that I would find DH on the street. But he was fine! Still, he stopped digging. Later we learned that the entire Southeast quadrant of Crown Point had no power (or cable service). And in the mailbox went! How exciting!!
I also spent Miss M and Mr J's Saturday naptime (I'm getting savvy and trying to coordinate them to be sleeping at the same time -- aren't you impressed?) getting the pantry closets a little bit more organized. I now see why Auntie Mona told me that I'm not allowed to buy certain things, such as: flour, sugar, choc chips, nuts, vanilla, and so on. Everyone could get 'Cookie-in-a-Jar' gifts for the next year, but that would mean that I would have to find my 'Jar' gifts cookbooks? Or if there is another snowstorm as predicted later this week, all that we'll need is eggs and we'll be able to make enough chocolate chip cookies to last 'til Spring! Oh, but I'll have to be sure that we also have plenty of milk for our cookies . . . *Ü*
Hugs!!
Monday, January 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment