THE LITTLE ONES

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

TIME IN A BOTTLE

If I could save time in a bottle . . . yes, friends, it's a classic melody, but that's all that I could think about last night . . . well, in addition to how incredibly blessed that I am!! So, I'm making a new category for our blog, "Time in a Bottle" for all of these moments:

Last night, DH was working at the apartments, so Miss M, Mr J and I were on our own for dinner, showering and bathing, and getting to bed at 8pm (NOT an easy feat, you know?). But, at 8:05pm (prompt enough for me), were were settling in with all of our pillows, blankets, and this month's favorite friend, Shrek (her plush is actually from BABW), to feed Mr J one last time, to recall our day, and to say our prayers (a new tradition with Miss M and I).

So just as Mr J was starting to drift off to dreamland, I was running my fingers through Miss M's still-slightly-damp hair, and I said, "M..., Momma loves you." She looked at me with sleepy eyes and replied "Momma loves M...". Then, I said, "And Daddy loves you." She again replied, repeating what I had said. "And J... loves you." Repeat. "And Grizabella loves you." Repeat.

We continued through what was a litany of all of our family members, friends, school teachers and friends, interjected with yawns and kisses on her cheek. We had pretty much gotten through all names that came to my mind when she looked at me with her beautiful long-lashed eyes, and she said, "EVERYone loves M. . . ." "Yes, darling, EVERYone loves M..." I said. So she closed her tired little eyes and went to sleep with a wonderfully serene smile on her lips.

I love those moments.

No comments: