This morning. It happened. Miss M and Mr J were playing happily together on our bed. DH and I were starting the morning routine of getting pottied or diapered, brushed, clothed, shoe'd and eventually clicked into respective carseats, when out of the mouth of one 2yr old babe in particular . . .
Miss M: I want to stay home today.
DH: Well, today is Tuesday, and that means that you and J... will go to school while Mommy and I go to work.
Miss M: WHY?
And the air was still . . . DH looked at me, I looked at him, and we both laughed.
DH: So that we can make a living.
Miss M: I want to stay home today.
me: M..., we can stay home on Saturday.
Miss M: And go to the library?!?
me: Yes, M..., we can certainly go to the library!
So the morning went on with the potty and a diaper, a toothbrush and two hairbrushes, a shirt with matching skirt and a romper, sandals and socks with Stride Rite shoes. As we were belted into the Jeep and pulling out of the garage, DH and I knew that our lives will never again be the same.
And that is how the WHY's began on Pennsylvania Street on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 6:24 a.m. --
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment